Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Everyone is welcome to join.
Just link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out your list! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
What I Read When I’m Not Reading Books
1. Facebook: I admit it, this is where I am the most…even if it’s running in the background while I’m doing other things. It’s an addiction.
2. Drudge Report: I’m a news junkie, and I have a collection of sites that I read regularly, but Drudge is almost always my first stop.
3. Word Press: I love how WP’s Dashboard page is set up. The reader is very easy to navigate, and Freshly Pressed is a really cool feature to see great new posts. Because I follow more WP blogs than any others, this is a frequent stop for me.
4. Fox News: No question, it’s the news junkie in me.
5. Breitbart: Yep, another news site that is a daily stop for me.
6. Twitter: I’m become more and more enamored with Twitter the more often I go there. It’s hilarious! Bonus: since I post my blog entries to Twitter, I’ve gotten a lot of new followers, and several of my posts have been re-tweated. One (apparently) was re-tweated enough that I’m still getting enough hits on it that it is by far the most read blog entry that I’ve written so far. Here’s the link if you’d like to read it (and I’d be honored if you did): http://thespotts.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/april-4-d-dude-your-dumbassery-is-showing/.
7. Hot Mess Mom: This is a hilarious blog written by a girl with whom I attended high school. I didn’t know her personally, as she was a couple of years behind me, but we have a number of mutual friends. This is an almost guaranteed laugh every time I read it, which is why it is one of my favorites.
8. Paltry Meanderings of a Taller Than Average Woman: This is a hilarious blog written by Christy Carrington Lewis. She is a self-confessed blatherer about people and things that interest her. Stop by and enjoy her wit and sarcasm. It’s definitely worth your time. Here is a link to my very favorite post…so far: http://paltrymeanderings.com/2012/02/24/i-love-the-smell-of-napalm-in-the-condo/.
9. I Can’t Watch, Is It Over Yet? Like People of Walmart, Awkward Family Photos, Damn You Autocorrect, and Why Did You Buy Me That?, this blog is funny, and it gets funnier the more you read. You almost can’t look away, and I have had many moments of tear-inducing laughter for which this blog is responsible.
10. People I Want to Punch in the Throat: I’ve been following her since her hilarious Elf on the Shelf post, which went viral over Christmas. She is now a contributing writer for Babble.com, and her blog is also published on Huffington Post. Don’t forget to read the comments as well…they’re nearly as funny as the post.
11. Life is Grace: One of the several blogs I follow that chew on what it is to be a Christian, to have faith, and to be saved by the grace of God. She doesn’t post as often as I would like to read, but I always enjoy her thoughts.
12. Dictionary.com: I write almost daily, and I am constantly referencing this site, not only for definitions, but for synonyms, other related words, and background linguistic information. Of the free dictionaries available online, it is the easiest to use, and I love it.
Well, there’s the list, plus a couple of bonus sites. I encourage you to check them out! And, if you have a recommendation to send my way, I’d love to have it!