Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one (or more) of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
All of us readers have those books that really started us on our way to becoming book lovers. It could be something we read as young children, or it could be a book we picked up in adulthood after years of a reading drought. Or, it could be an author or book that introduced us to a new favorite genre. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday puts a spotlight on those books and authors that we credit with our bookishness.
The 7 Books in my “Beach Bag” (aka My Summer Reading)
- Once Upon a Time, There was You by Elizabeth Berg – I am currently listening to this, and enjoying it a lot. Elizabeth Berg ebbs and flows in her writing, and this is one of her better ones. – FINISHED
- Ecclesiastes (ESV) – I’m reading my way through the Bible…not on a schedule, just reading through. This is one of my summer selections.
- Isaiah (ESV) – Ditto #2.
- The Know-It-All by A. J. Jacobs – It has been languishing on my bookshelf for 2-3 years now, so it’s time, and I’m looking for something light and fun during dog days of summer.
- Extravagant Grace by Barbara R. Duguid – summer reading for my women’s Bible study group.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain – making my way slowly through this book. Very interesting, but I come and go. Still, it stays in the current summer rotation.
- My Own Miraculous by Joshilyn Jackson – an ebook original short by one of my favorite southern authors. – FINISHED
I don’t particularly plan ahead on what I’m reading, and the above list contains everything that I am either currently reading or is immediately on deck. I’ll read more (I hope), but I have no idea what it will be, as I’m very much beholden to my literary mood of the moment.